2019 VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
We’re looking for a few more volunteers to join our crew! Once we've filled the spots the intake will be closed, only applicants who have been selected will be notified. Please note that not everyone who applies to volunteer will be granted a volunteer spot. We will fill spots based on availability on a first-come first-served basis
- are the first impression people have about the Edmonton Comedy Festival. You will welcome patrons and open the door for them. At all times, be upbeat and smiling! People come to a comedy show to have fun, they want to see that we are enjoying ourselves, too. Greeters will also hand out programs to the patrons and answer any questions for the patrons.
- Ticket Takers
- require a bubbly, friendly attitude and have good attention to detail. You will need to be quick but always verify the ticket you are accepting is for the correct show.
- While we all like to have fun, we want to be sure that the comics and all patrons aren’t disrupted during shows. Security will handle disruptive behavior quickly and quietly, keeping conflict to a minimum.
- 2 people are needed to be our Host/Hostess of our hospitality room. These are later shifts (9:00 or 10:00 pm until 2:00 am). This hospitality room is for comics, VIP’s, and Media to relax and mingle. You will be responsible for maintaining a tidy environment, making sure food and beverage is stocked and put out.
- As there is no assigned seating, we need friendly and outgoing individuals to assist patrons to be seated. Patrons are free to sit where they like but of course, we must fill the front seats first.
**Please note: a lot of standing is required and possible stair climbing